There are many varieties and purposes of websites, each specialising in a particular type of content or use. To get to the core of a functional website, clear goals and the reasons why it exists, needs to be established.
Some key questions/statements to help establish a website.
What is the role of the website?
- Attract new clients
- Deliver key services/information
- Showcasing case-studies
- Sell Products
- To provide a platform for clients to access plans and monitor systems
What type of website do you need?
- Blog site
- Business services / brand building site
- Information or organisation website
- Portfolio / gallery website
- Shopping e-commerce website
Defining who the key audiences are?
What is the key message and what information do people need?
Discovering the purpose of a website will help deliver better outcomes for the users of the website.